Well, it's amazing how time flies when the holidays are happening and you have a 1.5 year old. Here it is, 2010 already and I still haven't posted Halloween, Erica turning 18 months, Thanksgiving or Christmas pictures. I had many times this year where I thought of my mom with two young kids and thinking "how in the heck did she EVER make the holidays happen with two little kids?" She had no internet to help with shopping, no digital camera to try and get good Christmas card shots, and no lunch hour to run to the mall/grocery store/post office sans kiddos. Amazing.
Without further ado, here are the pictures of our Halloween this year!
Erica at her Halloween parade at daycare this year. I was so proud of her. Other kids saw their parents and jumped out of the parade and went running. Erica was a trooper, held onto her ring, stayed in line, and shot us a look that says "Oh mom and dad, someday you will pay for this indignity." I'm starting to have an enjoyable set of daycare Halloween photos. Remember last year when she hated Skittles?
Erica went to her daddy's office to trick or treat (I don't know where those pictures ended up) and then came home to get ready to go out for real trick or treating. She did some enhancements of her costume with several of mommy's tank tops and t-shirts before we went.
The first time the entire family has dressed up together. Meet the hippie family, or the 70s family, or Red, Kitty and little Laurie. Whatever. Nate's costume was a wig, drawn on sideburns, an actual shirt of my dad's and a nice floral belt I made him. My costume was a thrift store shirt, jeans I split the leg seams on and put in floral flares (which matched Nate's belt) and Birkenstocks. Erica's outfit? That's the best one. Her pants were my pants when I was her age 34 years ago. I sewed on the yellow ruffle on the bottom to make them long enough. Her nanna bought her the poncho (when she was still little tiny) and I made her the rick-rack headband. A little red t-shirt completed the look, because that's what my mom said I used to wear with those pants. Yep, those orange, yellow and green plaid pants had two generations worth of wear.
It took no time for Erica to get the hang of trick or treating. She was a little shy the first two houses, but once she realized what was IN her little orange pumpkin the routine was as follows. Erica gets out of the wagon, and we usually have to put her too big shoes on again. She walks up to the house with great determination and when her turn comes she says "Trick or Treat", understandable only to momma and daddy. She then says "Dee doo", for "Thank you" and turns around saying "wagon, wagon, wagon." We get her back in the wagon and she proceeds to pull her candy out of her bucket and start eating it, wrapper and all. By the time we get to the next house, she's demolished the candy she got at the last house enough that she's ready to go again. It was such a fun night!
The flotsam and jetsam of trick or treating. (Yeah, we didn't always get her shoe on before she headed up to trick or treat.)
Here you can see the pure joy and candy coated teeth involved in the trick or treating process.
With the fun of Halloween behind her, Erica can focus more on dressing up the pure joy of it.
Happy New Years!
1 comment:
GREAT family outfits! You guys look awesome. Glad it was such fun, can't wait to do it ourselves! :)
Post a Comment