Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bridging the vacations

First we had our fun mother daughter trip to Minnesota, and then we took a family trip to Orlando.  Between the two trips we had a very wet 4th of July celebration.  We went to our friend's house that have a lake membership (oh-la-la) and spent the afternoon at the lake.  Here's Erica on her second ever boat trip.  It's a little lower in the water than the pontoon in Minnesota!  Note that daddy was okay with this boat trip. 

Not the best picture of Erica, but the daddies look happy.  Erica's friend is looking at her like she's nuts.

After the boat trip it started raining.  It rained and rained.  Here's Nate with two wet girls.  So cute.  The girls like shouting "Two girls!" when you hold both of them.  

There are no pictures of the actual fireworks, but it was crazy.  Just as it got dark and the show started it started drizzling.  By the time the show was 5 minutes in it was pouring!  We were all so wet.  Well, not all of us.  Erica loved fireworks with my parents and me last year.  This year she spent the show huddled on the floor of the car with daddy sitting next to her.  Not mom, dad, grandma or grandpa could convince her to come out and see the show.  I was a good mom and decided she should be brave and come out and see the show so I forcibly dragged her out of the car to see a few of the fireworks.  She was miserable and I got to spend the next two weeks with Erica telling me "I don't love you anymore."  It was lovely.  You haven't had your heart broken until your 2 year old tells you that they don't love you. 

Erica LOVES lotion.  She also likes turning on the TV in the bedroom and saying about the static "I made that!"

Before our trip to Orlando, Erica and mommy went to run a bunch of errands to get supplies.  I told her that if she was good I would get her a treat.  She was great, and her treat was a blue ring pop.  Nice tongue kiddo.

Next blog?  Erica's first trip to Disney and Florida!

1 comment:

sassyshell said...

Oh no, pouring rain and an upset 2 year old?! That's no good! I'm sorry she was so upset, I'm dreading the day when Calla tells me she doesn't love me anymore. Right now I'm pretty sure she'd say it if she could whenever I put her in the carseat, it's become a battle royale! Ugh!

Thanks for sharing all your adventures, it's fun seeing where you've been and how big Erica has become! :)